Pages

Dearest old friend...


It has been a long time. The words "I've missed you" sit at the tip of my tongue. I wonder, if I did speak them, whether either of us would believe me.

There was a time when you were the centre of my universe, I orbitted you like a satellite. You coveted me for yourself, and I? Well I certainly didn't object. I relished your constant scrutiny and contempt. I devoted myself to winning your ever unattainable approval. Our friendship was turmulous and intense. Not a moment passed in which I was not wrapped in your influence. Together we hated, desired and destroyed. Yet, remained inextricably linked.

When I think about our short shared past, I do so with a whimsical smile. Does this surprise you? My memories aren't tainted with the red hot abhorrence that coloured our time. I recognise you as an important, essential part of my past. No matter how hard I try to escape you will always be apart of me. Enscribed deeply at the heart of everything I do.

I write of you in past tense. Yet your haunting the corners of my life once more. I'm not surprised to see you. No more then you are that you have returned. I accept your return. I understand that it doesn't matter how long your absence spans you will always reappear.

So here we go again. Know however that things are different then they were. Much. As we shuffle to rediscover where each of this fit do know this. I'm not the same person that I was then.

I suppose I should say at least this, welcome back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment