Pages

I'm all about instant gratification

Day One: So today is my first of thirty days without chocolate. On my Life List I included the goal "(20.) Go a whole 30 days without eating chocolate". Before today the longest I've ever gone without chocolate is probably about two weeks. I'm not sure how I'm going to go.

I only hope that if I have a breakdown and find myself unable to survive the cravings I retain my dignity. That is to say that I have my fingers crossed that this doesn't result in my taking up residence in Woolworth's confectionary ailse, stuffing my face with stolen chocolate bars while making suggestive noises in delight.

*Deep Breath* but that shouldn't happen. I hope. Well here goes nothing.

Day Two: Came this close to ruining the whole thing. Yes, I am telling you that I almost couldn't go TWO DAYS without chocolate!

In my defense it was more of a slip of mind. I woke up at 7 to get ready for work. Stumbled bleary eyed into the kitchen in search of food. Not finding any I decided to make a hot chocolate. I had the cup warming my hands and almost at my lips when I realised.

It was a sad moment to watch it pour down the sink.

Day Three: Surprisingly easy after yesterdays almost mishap.

Day Four: Even easier today!

Day Five: Ridiculously easy! Perhaps I should amend it to "30 days without junk food" so it is actually a challenge?

Day Six: You know what I like? Katy Perry's California Gurls film clip.
(See, thats how easy this is. I'm not even thinking about chocolate!)

P.S I just watched the film clip again. Change my mind. All of those lollies and chocolate bars definitely has me thinking about chocolate.

Day Seven:
Oops.

Let me paint you a picture:
Me: *standing at the coffee machine at work*
Co-worker: Rachael? Will you set up the fudge machine for me? I've never done it before. You're so supremely excellent that your bound to know how.
Me: Well seeing as I'm not only excellent but also benevolent and lovely I will certainly set up the fudge machine.
(I'm paraphrasing here...)

After three attempts I manage to get all of the pieces in the correct order and have it functioning. I then spoon the thick, creamy fudge into it and switch it on. Carrying the spoon and empty bowl to the sink, my mouth waters as the chocolatey smell fills my nostrils. Acting on instinct I dip my finger into the remanants of the fudge in the bowl. My tastebuds sing a course of "hallelujah" as I lick the thick fudge off my finger.

Me: Mmm chocolate. Hang on. S*** chocolate!

Day One Here we go again...

0 comments:

Post a Comment