Pages

The beginnings of a perilous journey

I was asked the other day why I write. I don’t know how I can answer this with anymore then “because I love to”. I’ve always written. I wrote before I could even arrange letters into a readable order. My grandma would give me my grandfather’s old dated diaries and I would fill them with random words and phrases. Things like “cat” “dog” “I see a tree”. I’m happy to say that I have progressed since this early literary dabbling.


I love to write. But it’s not very often that I share my writing with others. I’m too self-conscious. After all what could I have to say that nobody else has said before? Yet here I am.


I’ve only really just discovered the world of blogging. I knew it existed, don’t get me wrong, but I’ve never experienced it first hand. Over the last week or so, in my procrastination of university assignments I have launched myself into reading blogs. This started with Todd’s Thoughts of a Frustrated Visionary and quickly extended to include Allie’s Hyperbole and a half. What I discovered from reading two entirely different blogs is that you can write anything you like. Todd’s is eloquent and philosophical while Allie’s made me laugh so hard I may have pulled a muscle or two.


My point is that, from what I can tell, blogging is about self-expression and freedom. I think that this is what I need. Besides if by some chance anybody does actually read this, I won’t have that awkward moment of trying to decide whether they liked it or not. Sometimes isolation is the internets very best feature.


I’m sure to write about a number of diverse topics. You know that saying, a messy desk is equal to a messy mind? Well if that’s the case my mind probably resembles landfill. Scary thought. I guess we’ll see where this goes.



P.S Perhaps I shouldn’t have tagged Todd in the same post I mentioned my aversion to assignments. You see, Todd is my politics tutor. Todd I’ve been working very hard on “Politics and the media” I promise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment